Saturday, April 14, 2012

Daily Insanity


Rule #1: Try to devote 45 short minutes a day to Shawn T.

In 2011, I was looking for a high intensity workout that I could do in my hotel room. With a little research, I discovered that Insanity had a lot of the features I was looking for:

  1. Mostly cardio. (I like to lift separately.)
  2. Track & Field-inspired exercises
  3. Short - 45 minutes
  4. Varied
  5. Challenging
I can vouch for the results. Even after sticking with it for one week, my husband remarked on how my face was looking less round (with all the appropriate 'but you are always beautiful' reassurances, of course).

It gives you a lovely burn in your lungs --- athletes, you know that feeling --- and energy for the whole day. You drink a gallon of water and sweat like crazy, both of which are really good for your skin. Bonus.

The problem is that I just keep falling off the wagon. There's really no good excuse. I'm going to fix that starting now, though! It's really not that hard to press Play on the DVD. With all the tv I watch, there is surely 45 minutes to spare.

Here's the shoes that I use:



Reebok Realflex seem to work perfectly, both on the road and at home. Plus, they are the absolute easiest to pack. Low weight, collapsible and springy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment